Help during the Coronavirus Outbreak
WE ARE OPEN! Emsworth Good Neighbours is still ready to help our clients. However, we have to change some of our procedures and prioritise who we can help.
PRIORITIES. We will give priority to these requests for assistance:
- Urgent Medical & Dental appointments.
- Collecting prescriptions.
- Collecting shopping by ‘Click-and-Collect’ - NB please give the Order Code to our volunteer.
- Shopping for you - self-isolation rules mean that we cannot take our clients to the shops but we can arrange for one of our volunteers to go shopping for you.
HOW DO I PAY FOR MY SHOPPING? If one of our volunteers shops for you, please pay for your goods when they return in one of two ways:
- EITHER - BY CHEQUE – please give our volunteer a cheque PAYABLE TO EMSWORTH GOOD NEIGHBOURS. Our volunteers do NOT need to keep your receipt.
- OR - BY ONLINE BANKING – please transfer the cost of your shopping to:
EGN, 30-93-97, 36075368 using the reference ‘SHOPPING’.
- Please do NOT add a donation to the cost - see DONATIONS below.
We hope that most of our clients can have their shopping delivered by family, friends, neighbours, or local shops. Supermarkets allow you to order groceries, household items and off-the-shelf medicines for delivery, and pay for them in advance. Some local shops are also offering to deliver; these include Southbourne Farm Shop, Tiers, Starrs & the Deli.
If you do have urgent needs, please contact us and we will still do what we can to help.
DONATIONS. We are not inviting donations for shopping trips during the Coronavirus outbreak.
PAYING BY CASH. We regret that, to minimise the risk to our volunteers, we cannot accept cash during the outbreak. If this is difficult for you, please contact us on 01243 430999.
SOCIAL DISTANCING. You will understand that our volunteers are advised to maintain social distancing. We are sure you will understand that they will not shake hands nor enter your home, and they may wear gloves.
KEEPING IN TOUCH. Over the next few days, we will be telephoning all our clients who have used us in the last year to explain the situation, to ask if you have any special concerns, and to discuss how best we can help.
CONTACTING GOOD NEIGHBOURS. Please continue to leave a message on the Ansaphone on 01243 430999 as usual and one of our coordinators will return your call.
Who We Are
We are an organisation of volunteers set up to help those in our community who would appreciate a little assistance.
We are part of the Good Neighbours Network, which has over 100 groups across Hampshire. These groups are voluntary and work independently
All of our volunteers are carefully selected, and are checked for criminal records using the government's Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Checked)
Our drivers have their vehicle fully insured, taxed and roadworthy